For over 18 years, Evosus has been recognized as the best business software in the Pool, Spa and Hearth industries. Over 500 businesses run on Evosus Software every day. We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join our Product team.
Here’s a snapshot of what we want you to do:The Technical Writer is responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, software release notes, knowledge base articles, cheat sheets, or instructions. Your mission is to have a complete understanding of the company’s products and applications in order to create documentation geared toward both technical and non-technical users, administrators, partners, employees, and developers. A wide degree of imagination, creativity, and technical skills are essential for this position.
Here’s the stuff we expect you to be doing day to day:
- Create and maintain documentation methodology and framework.
- Work as the interpreter between development software mocks and public-facing documentation.
- Self-guide in a fast-paced environment with the ability to take on a project and see it to completion.
- Provide documentation updates and different editions as necessary.
- Create and maintain Error Messaging.
- Participate in the software development life-cycle to provide feedback on feature planning.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Work with subject matter experts to create targeted inline help and online content.
- Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, marketing specifications.
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding.
- Collaborate with developers and clients to gather pertinent data and offer support for process improvement.
These skills are must-haves for you to be successful:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Forming Judgement
- Learning Ability
- Written Expression
- Problem Analysis
- Independent Worker
Plus these Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 6 years of relevant professional experience
- 3 years + experience writing and developing documentation for software
- Advanced computer skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Exposure to Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Salesforce Knowledge Base experience
- Experience in the Pool, Spa, and/or Hearth industries
- Content life-cycle experience
Here's Where You'll Hang OutThis position works from our corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Washington in a professional office environment. Evosus is easily accessible, located less than a mile from I-5. We are across the street from a natural grocery store, a brewery, and many local restaurants.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm. The employee may also be required to work additional to meet deadlines and product launch dates.
- Full-Time Salary
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental
- Flex Spending Account
- 401k Plan w/ 4% Employer Match
- Gym Membership Reimbursement (to work off previous benefit)
- Words of Affirmation
Evosus is an Equal Opportunity Employer