For over 16 years, Evosus has been recognized as the best business software in the Pool, Spa and Hearth industries. Over 500 businesses run on Evosus Software every day. The Evosus team culture thrives on our vision to be the standout leader for software solutions in every industry we serve, and the Friday donuts. We believe in this vision and allow it to guide us in every decision we make, from developing new products and services to hiring stellar team members. We’re looking for an awesome Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering team.
Here's a snapshot of what we want you to do:
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for testing web applications and software applications following QA best practices to ensure the quality of Evosus products from a customer perspective. You will work closely with the product team to assess the testing strategy to fulfill customer and business needs, and will support the implementation and deployment of new business functionality through our agile software development lifecycle. You will become an expert in all of our new cloud based web products, and occasionally help test our legacy mobile apps. You may dabble occasionally in our legacy Microsoft Client based legacy system with guidance from product management.
Here’s the stuff we expect you to be doing day to day:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Defines the test strategy for feature sets, product releases, and hotfixes.
- Participates in the release planning by analyzing scope, requirements and risks and provides estimations of test deliverables.
- Creates, executes, and maintains test cases and scripts.
- Creates bug reports and follow through to resolution.
- Timely identification of severity of system issues and effectively communicates adequate priority level and impact to appropriate parties.
- Ensures software and hardware solutions meet customer requirements for usability and functionality.
- Helps define and implement test metrics to determine coverage and effectiveness.
- Diagnoses and documents advanced application issues received from customer support.
- Applies industry best practices of standard testing methodologies and shares them with the team.
These skills are must-haves for you to be successful:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Verbal/Written Expression
- Attention to Detail
- Forming Judgement
- Learning Ability
- Planning and Organization
- 3+ years of experience working in software development.
- 3+ years of QA Experience.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Understanding of basic business processes in accounting, inventory, scheduling, and retail.
- Ability to communicate with the development team with at least a basic understanding of what the heck they are talking about. BONUS if you can walk back into our offices and explain it to us.
- Ability to communicate with our customers to understand their business challenges and suggest ways we may improve our product to better serve them.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Selenium.
- Proficiency creating basic to advanced scripts to automate the testing of all interfaces.
Here's where you'll hang out:
This position works from our corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Washington in a professional office environment. Evosus is easily accessible, located less than a mile from I-5. We are across the street from a natural grocery store, a brewery, and many local restaurants.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, working 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. The employee may also be required to work extended hours or weekends in order to meet deadlines or travel.
- Full-Time Salary
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental
- Flex Spending Account
- 401k Plan w/ 4% Employer Match
- Gym Membership Reimbursement (to work off previous benefit)
- Words of Affirmation
Evosus is an Equal Opportunity Employer