For over 18 years, Evosus has been recognized as the best business software in the Pool, Spa and Hearth industries. Over 500 businesses run on Evosus Software every day. We’re looking for an uber collaborative Product Owner who can transform product vision into amazing software by using their killer project management skills, deadline slaying tendencies, and expert collaboration skills. If this is you, keep reading!
Here’s a snapshot of what we want you to do:You live and breathe the product! Your job is to align the product vision with developers, key stakeholders, and clients. You are responsible for defining user stories and prioritizing the backlog to ensuring we crush our product deadlines. You love working with clients to help find ways to make their lives easier by improving the product to make it better, faster, and more user-friendly. You understand the upstream and downstream impact from application architecture and design through to application configuration and business process workflow. You can articulate the business value and impact of why a functional or technical improvement or enhancement is justified. You thrive taking on tough complex issues and creating innovative designs and solutions.
Here’s the stuff we expect you to be doing day to day:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in cross-functional environments including sales, marketing, business management, client support, training, and product teams
- Collaborate with the VP of Product to define product vision and strategy
- Responsible for understanding and executing the digital strategic direction of a product line as outlined by the VP of Product, through the creation of digital product specifications and product definition, including feature requirements, user stories, and/or other critical deliverables
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectations for the delivery of new products, features, bug fixes, etc.
- Provide backlog management, sprint planning, and elaboration of the user stories with a focus on delivering by company driven deadlines
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitor products, identify and maintain competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Assist in product testing, analysis, and diagnosis
- Document procedures, standards, best practices, configuration settings, and sequences
- Use of Business Analysis and Business Engineering methods including data gathering and process mapping methodologies, gap analysis, business case development, and presentation.
- Ability to decide & communicate to stakeholders when to make tradeoffs between planned work and the unexpected interrupt-driven work
- Owns production support issues including research to eliminate bugs. Prioritizes bugs within the backlog and crushes high priority bugs within service level agreement timelines
These skills are must-haves for you to be successful:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Focus on Quality
- Controlling Progress
- Learning Ability
- Innovative Power
- Business Orientation
- Commercial Power
Plus these Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS, Economics, Business, or other relevant major) or equivalent experience
- Scrum/Agile experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in Product at a Software company
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Adept in system architecture, integration and client/server to Web and SaaS technologies
- General business accounting knowledge
Preferred Education and Experience
- Scrum/Agile Certification
- Experience in the Pool, Spa, and/or Hearth industries
- Knowledge or experience with Mendix, SalesForce, Jira, ERP systems, Balsamiq
Here's Where You'll Hang OutThis position works from our corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Washington in a professional office environment. Evosus is easily accessible, located less than a mile from I-5. We are across the street from a natural grocery store, a brewery, and many local restaurants.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, working 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. The employee may also be required to work extended hours or weekends in order to meet deadlines or travel.
- Full-Time Salary
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental
- Flex Spending Account
- 401k Plan w/ 4% Employer Match
- Gym Membership Reimbursement (to work off previous benefit)
- Words of Affirmation
- Creatively decorated office space
Evosus is an Equal Opportunity Employer